|Spit It Out|
|Season 01, Episode 02|
|Air date||October 18, 2017|
|Written by||Sallie Patrick|
|Directed by||Michael Allowitz|
|Viewers||0.92 million (920,000)|
I Hardly Recognized You
Guilt is for Insecure People
|“||Quick question: is there a cactus where your heart should be?||”|
|— Steven to Fallon about her lack of empathy|
WHAT’S IN A NAME? — When it’s discovered that Matthew’s “accidental” death may have involved foul play, the spotlight falls on the Carringtons themselves. The family must swallow their own suspicions of each other and close rank to defend the clan. Cristal struggles with what it means to be a Carrington, while Fallon begrudgingly helps cover up Cristal’s affair to protect the family name. Despite their efforts, everything comes to an emotional head at Matthew’s funeral.
Cristal is devastated by Matthew's death, while Blake works to distance the Carringtons from him and his possible murder. Jeff helps Fallon delete all traces of the photos of Cristal and Matthew. Cristal proves her loyalty to Blake by relinquishing her keepsakes of her former lover, and staging a diversion for the press at Matthew's wake by declaring his love for her as one-sided. FBI agents arrive at the mansion, arresting Steven instead of Blake.
- Although confirmed to be dead in the previous episode, Matthew Blaisdel can be seen in flashback sequences with Cristal.
- Anders tell to Cristal that hairsprays are better weapons when set aflame. She'll later use this method to defend Fallon from Alejandro in episode 11.
- For the Adults 18-49 rating/share, the episode received a 0.3 in the demo. 
- The title of this episode comes from a line said in the Dynasty 1981 series, first said by Matthew Blaisdel to Krystle in the pilot : Oil - Part 1. 
- The exact same lines of the original scene are said while Cristal Carrington talks to Willy Santiago.
Cristal: You didn't think to tell me you were married.
Matthew: I didn't tell you about her, because I'm leaving her.
Cristal: (cries) Why would you lie to me?
Matthew: Life's complicated. Lying, lying is easy. You just spit it out, and kick sand over it.
Fallon: Morning, starshine!
Steven: You're chipper today.
Fallon: Oh, just catching up on news.
"Head over heels on Carrington Manor."
"Down goes the bride."
"Carrington PR flop."
Steven: Quick question - is there a cactus where your heart should be?
Fallon: What's up your ass this morning?
(Sam walks in) Hmm.. Never mind!
Sammy Jo: I'm just going to have one more croissant!
Blake: Did you think it appropriate to have a guest over?
Steven: That's Cristal's nephew!
Blake: ...Right...She mentioned that...
Blake: We need to come together to protect our family.
Cristal: You mean our business.
Fallon & Blake: Same thing.
(While walking away, Cristal pushes Fallon into an empty grave)
Fallon: You bitch! You're gonna wish you buried me!
Template:Episode List S1