|Season 03 | Number of Episodes: 20 (aired)|
|Premiere Airdate||October 11, 2019|
|Finale Airdate||May 8, 2020|
Season 3 of The CW's American soap opera series Dynasty was renewed on January 31, 2019. The season began airing on October 11, 2019 and consisted of 22 ordered episodes. Production of season three was suspended in March 2020 as a direct result of the COVID-19 pandemic, with only 20 of a planned 22 episodes completed.
KEEP YOUR ENEMIES CLOSE AND YOUR FAMILY CLOSER — As Dynasty hurtles into its explosive third season, the Carrington family will face the unknown on all fronts. Dealing with the fallout from the startling second season finale, Fallon (Elizabeth Gillies) is surrounded by a host of rivals looking to destroy her, the most wicked of which is her own brother, Adam (Sam Underwood), who takes the idea of "sibling rivalry" to a whole new level of crazy. At the same time, Fallon and Liam (Adam Huber) attempt to keep their romance sane, but secrets and skeletons from her closet will make that more difficult than ever. And after a year of "me" time, Blake (Grant Show) will jump back in the game, ruthlessly determined to reclaim what's rightfully his: the family company Fallon sold out from under him. Only problem is that the newest Colby in town, Blake's half-sister Dominique (Michael Michele), is here to stay and she isn't backing down from a fight over what's rightfully hers, either. Meanwhile, Sammy Jo (Rafael de la Fuente) enters an exhilarating phase of the upper-class life, but amongst the thrills of his newfound freedom, there will be dangers lurking. Plus, who knows what faces – new and old, friendly and unfriendly - will pop up! The road ahead is full of the shocking twists and turns you've come to expect from the Carrington world. And if we know anything by this point in the series, it's that our fractured family will have to find a way to come together if they are to claw their way back to the top of the billionaire mountain.
- * "Starring" from "The Sensational Blake Carrington Trial" through "My Hangover's Arrived"
- ** Riley appears in "You See Most Things in Terms of Black & White", though Culhane does not
- * Archive footage in "Battle Lines"
- Chase Anderson as Tony (4/20)
- John Jackson Hunter as Connor (4/20)
- Nicole Zyana as Allison (3/20)
- Maura Gale as Judge Ruth Matthews (2/20)
- Natalie Karp as Mrs. Gunnerson (2/20)
- Jessica Goei as Trixie Tate (1/20)
|#||Image||Title||Writer(s)||Director||Airdate||No. in series|
|1||Guilt Trip to Alaska||Josh Reims||Michael Allowitz||October 11, 2019||45|
|SEASON PREMIERE — On the eve of the Carrington Foundation Fundraiser, drama immediately floods the scene as bodies are pulled from the lake on the Carrington Estate. As reporters and detectives move in, Blake, Fallon, Cristal, Adam, and Anders realize they need to get their stories straight very quickly. Dominique Deveraux focuses on her missing son, while Michael Culhane tries to prove that he’s been framed…from behind bars. Sam plays comforting friend to both Fallon and Kirby as he continues to work on the hotel. Fallon visits a comatose Liam in the hospital and finds herself haunted by Trixie’s death in unexpected ways. Kirby visits Culhane in the slammer and returns to Carrington Manor to find she is no longer welcome. Dominique tries to steal the spotlight at the Fundraiser, Fallon becomes charitable, and Blake loses something incredibly valuable.|
|2||Caution Never Won A War||David M. Israel||Melanie Mayron||October 18, 2019||46|
|POWER MOVES — As Blake and Fallon face legal troubles, Fallon and Adam handle the outcome of Liam’s accident in very different ways. Anders visits Sam at the hotel where they break ground and discover a room filled with valuable historical artifacts. Michael Culhane’s jail stint takes an interesting turn while Cristal and Dominique make power moves.|
|3||Wild Ghost Chase||Christopher Fife||Jeff Byrd||October 25, 2019||47|
|REPENTANCE — Fallon and Blake deal with the consequences of their actions in very different ways. Adam is on everyone's "WORST" list and Sam gets a visit from an unexpected guest at the hotel. Dominique continues with her devious plans and Culhane is the recipient of Fallon's impromptu good will.|
|4||Something Desperate||Jenna Richman||Kenny Leon||November 1, 2019||48|
|EVERYBODY WANTS TO RULE THE WORLD – In a special episode, hear a very different side of the Carrington family as Blake is feeling back on top of the world. He and Cristal surprise Adam with some news that doesn’t sit well so Adam attempts to sabotage their plans. Fallon refuses to give up on convincing Liam that she is his soulmate and manipulates Sam into doing her bidding. Dominique tries to reconcile with Jeff who makes a high stakes demand of his mother. Culhane brings a business opportunity to Anders.|
|5||Mother? I’m At La Mirage||Liz Sczudlo||Brandi Bradburn||November 8, 2019||49|
|BACK TO BUSINESS – Adam receives unexpected attention from Blake while Fallon turns her attention from her former flame to her former business. Kirby makes a new friend despite Culhane’s disapproval. Sammy arranges for a very special guest for his grand opening, and Dominique invites Jeff as her guest for some mother/son quality time.|
|6||A Used Up Memory||Kevin A. Garnett||Matt Early Beesley||November 15, 2019||50|
|SHAKE IT UP – Fallon ponders shaking things up with her company when Dominique presents her with a business proposition. Blake and Cristal focus on the trial, and Kirby focuses on finding Sam a man. Liam asks Fallon for a favor. Meanwhile, Jeff keeps a close watch on Blake.|
|7||Shoot From the Hip||Paula Sabbaga||Geoff Shotz||November 22, 2019||51|
|GIVE THANKS – Blake readies the family to celebrate what could be his last Thanksgiving, beginning with a request that Adam and Cristal put an end to their constant bickering. Fallon continues to focus on her new project and Liam has a chance encounter with an old friend. Culhane pushes Dominique to disclose important information, while Dominique continues pushing Monica to work with her new singer Vanessa. Sammy and Anders get outside assistance with the hotel.|
|8||The Sensational Blake Carrington Trial||Francisca X. Hu||Melanie Mayron||December 6, 2019||52|
|THE CIRCUS IS IN TOWN – In the mid-season finale, Blake's trial begins, and every Carrington and family associate gets pulled into the fray.|
|9||The Caviar, I Trust, Is Not Burned||Aubrey Villalobos Karr||Jeff Byrd||January 17, 2020||53|
|THE TRUTH HURTS – Blake’s trial continues as Alexis shocks the jury with her testimony. Following the scuffle between Adam and Liam, Fallon returns to the courthouse to find her mother has returned, newly married to her ex-fiancee, Jeff Colby.|
|10||What Sorrows Are You Drowning?||Libby Wells||Pascal Verschooris||January 24, 2020||54|
|JOINING FORCES FOR GOOD – Anders seeks help finding Kirby, so Fallon assembles Sam, Colby, Culhane, and, reluctantly, Adam, for the mission. Cristal and Alexis have a historically epic encounter.|
|11||A Wound That May Never Heal||Bryce Schramm||Brandi Bradburn||January 31, 2020||55|
|WHACK-A-MOLE - With Alexis back in the picture, Blake attempts to comfort Cristal while he also works to reestablish himself. Fallon decides to expand her empire and seeks a favor from Culhane. Sam's love life continues to heat up, and Colby is forced to consider lesser options for his plan. Kirby and Adam form an unlikely friendship.|
|12||Battle Lines||Christopher Fife||Matt Earl Beesley||February 7, 2020||56|
|ALL IS FAIR IN LOVE AND WAR AND REAL ESTATE – Blake finds himself all alone in the mansion. Fallon's search for her new abode brings out her competitive side. Sam hosts a Valentine's Day event at the La Mirage. Dominique entwines herself in a few questionable situations.|
|13||You See Most Things in Terms of Black & White||David M. Israel||Heather Tom||February 21, 2020||57|
|IT’S ALL IN THE PITCH - In a unique episode, Blake and Cristal contend with their new houseguest, while Adam seeks help from Alexis and Colby. Fallon plans a special gesture for Liam who gets a significant career opportunity. Sam tries a different kind of relationship, while Kirby pines for her crush.|
|14||That Wicked Stepmother||Garrett Oakley||Brandi Brandburn||February 28, 2020||58|
|FAMILY FIRST - As Blake and Alexis continue to vie for the loyalty of Fallon and Adam, Cristal finds herself resorting to drastic measures to carry out her plans. Liam contends with someone from his past while Dominique calls in a consequential favor from Culhane.|
|15||Up A Tree||Jenna Richman||Andi Behring||March 27, 2020||59|
|REALITY BITES - Fallon offers to keep an eye on Connor while Liam follows a lead on his baby mama. Dominique and Vanessa put the wheels in motion for a reality show and get Culhane to play along, while Cristal looks after Beto.|
|16||Is The Next Surgery on The House?||Liz Sczudlo||Michael Allowitz||April 3, 2020||60|
|TURNING OVER A NEW LEAF - Fallon and Liam decide parenthood ain't so bad and work to persuade Heidi to keep Connor close by. Blake and Cristal get charitable, while Alexis recruits Adam to help with Jeff's illness. Sam gives Kirby an opportunity to prove herself by helping with the Atlantix weekend festivities at La Mirage.|
|17||She Cancelled...||Kevin A. Garnett||Pascal Verschooris||April 10, 2020||61|
|IT TAKES TWO - Fallon's world turns upside down when she becomes the internet's new queen of mean and her relationship with Liam is tested. Culhane's birthday becomes the main event, but Dominque's new project has him questioning Vanessa's true intentions. Cristal and Blake hit a rough patch, while Alexis finds herself in demand as the new advice guru on a popular podcast.|
|18||You Make Being a Priest Sound Like Something Bad||Aubrey Villalobos Karr||Elodie Keene||April 17, 2020||62|
| KEEPING SECRETS - Blake gets closer to finalizing an important deal while Cristal's big charity event approaches. Fallon searches out the perfect wedding gift for Liam, and Sam gets a lesson in friendship from Colby.
|19||Robin Hood Rescues||Paula Sabbaga||Jeff Byrd||May 1, 2020||63|
| UNLIKELY HEROES - Adam and Liam rush to the aid of Blake and Anders, and Sam gets a special visit from his hero Danny Trejo. Fallon faces legal repercussions for advice "Aunt Alexis" gives a listener on the new podcast and Culhane, Vanessa and Dominique celebrate the success of their reality show by looking ahead to what's next. Cristal is forced to make a difficult decision.
|20||My Hangover's Arrived||Francisca X. Hu||Gina Lamar||May 8, 2020||64|
|SEASON FINALE - In the season finale, it's time for Fallon's surprise Bachelorette Party and things go exactly as one would expect... in the world of Carrington.|
Spoilers and Notes
Dynasty was renewed for a third season on January 31, 2019. In May 2019, Deadline Hollywood reported that co-executive producer Josh Reims would succeed co-creator Sallie Patrick as executive producer and showrunner for season three. On January 7, 2020, Dynasty was renewed for a fourth season.
In July 2019, it was announced that Ana Brenda Contreras would not be returning for season three for personal reasons, and that Daniella Alonso would take over the role of Cristal. In August 2019, it was reported that Michael Michele had been promoted to a series regular for the third season,and it was announced in October 2019 that Adam Huber had been promoted to a series regular as well. On September 5, 2019, Ken Kirby was announced to be joining the show in a recurring role as Evan Tate, Trixie's older brother. Kelli Barrett and Jade Payton also joined the show in recurring roles, Barrett acting as Adam's nurse, Nadia, and Payton portraying Dominique's stepdaughter, Vanessa.
On October 28, 2019, it was announced that the role of Alexis Carrington had been recast with Elaine Hendrix, who would appear as a series regular. The CW noted that "Alexis is back in Atlanta, with a new look, a new man, and plenty of scores to settle". Hendrix debuted as Alexis in "The Sensational Blake Carrington Trial". In February 2020, it was announced that Wil Traval had been cast to recur as Father Caleb Collins, a "young, charming and irreverent priest with a soft spot for the disabled vets who rehab in the hospital's clinic." He was teased as a potential love interest for Cristal. Danny Trejo appeared as himself in the May 2020 episode "Robin Hood Rescues".
Production of Dynasty was suspended in March 2020 as a direct result of the COVID-19 pandemic. Filming of only 20 of the 22 ordered episodes of the third season had been completed at that time. Gillies said, "So there is no finale at this juncture, and there is no episode before the finale. So it ends in a very weird place ... I don't know if we'll pick up the finale later, I’m not sure what the plan is. It certainly shouldn't end on the episode we finished, because it's just really random and nothing’s resolved. I apologize if it does." It was later confirmed that the 20th episode of the season, "My Hangover's Arrived", would serve as the season finale.Reims said in May 2020 that the writers had been building to Fallon and Liam's wedding all season, and it was "frustrating" to not be able to film the last two episodes. Hoping to use reworked versions of the two scripts to start the fourth season, Reims teased Blake going to war with Alexis, Jeff and Adam; Sam's new relationship with Ryan; and the return of the Moldavians.
- Nicollette Sheridan is no longer billed as "starring" for this season, since she departed the series in the Season 2 episode Motherly Overprotectiveness. However, she appears in archive footage in the episode A Wound That May Never Heal.
- Michael Michele is now billed as "starring" She was previously billed as "Special Guest Star" in Season 2.
- Ana Brenda Contreras is no longer billed as "starring" for this season, the role of Cristal Jennings has now been recast. However, much like Sheridan, she appears in archive footage in the episode What Sorrows Are You Drowning?.
- Daniella Alonso now portrays the role of Cristal Jennings in a recast of the character as of the Season 3 Premiere episode Guilt Trip to Alaska.
- Adam Huber is now billed as "starring". He was previously billed as "Guest Starring" in season 1 and 2.
- Elaine Hendrix now portrays the role of Alexis Carrington Colby in a recast of the character as of the Season 3 episode The Sensational Blake Carrington Trial.
- On January 31, 2019, The CW gave Dynasty an early renewal along with 10 other series. 
- On April 7, 2019, Maddison Brown confirmed via her Instagram story for that day that Season 2 had officially wrapped and the cast had thrown a party to celebrate.
- On this same day, she confirmed she'd be back in July 2019 to begin shooting for Season 3.
- On May 16, 2019, it was confirmed that Dynasty would air sometime in the fall on Fridays with a new 9/8c time slot.
- On May 24, 2019, Paula Sabbage, one of the head writers for the show revealed that the Dynasty writers are saving Steven's political career for a potential 4th season arc for this particular Carrington. 
- On June 17, 2019, it was revealed that this season would premiere on Friday, October 11, at 9 PM. 
- On this same day, a teaser poster for the third season was released on the official Instagram page for the series. 
- On June 19, 2019, it was announced that Adam Huber had been nominated for Choice Drama TV Actor for the 2019 Teen Choice Awards.  
- On June 26, 2019, Adam Huber revealed in a post on his Instagram Story for that day that he knows Liam's fate, but viewers have to tune wait until October to find out.
- On July 8, 2019, Rafael posted on one of his Instagram Stories that production for Season 3 has officially begun.
- Starting with the table read for the Season 3 Premiere. Adam Huber can be seen in said story, which confirms that he is at least in the premiere episode.
- The entire main cast from the Season 2 finale is shown at the table read with the exceptions of Ana Brenda Contreras and Sam Adegoke.
- On July 9, 2019, Liz confirmed Wakeema's appearance in Season 3 with a picture of the two she posted on her twitter. 
- Michael Michele posted a video of the Season 3 premiere script on her Instagram stories, revealing the title to be "Guilt Trip to Alaska".
- On July 19, 2019, Liz posted a picture from the set that was taken by Sharon Lawrence, confirming Laura Van Kirk's reappearance in Season 3.
- On July 29, 2019, it was revealed that Ana Brenda Contreras will not be returning to the show for its third season. The role of Cristal Jennings will now be played by Daniella Alonso in a recast decision starting with the Season 3 Premiere episode Guilt Trip to Alaska. 
- On August 1, 2019, after some speculation Sam Adegoke confirmed that he was back for Season 3 via an Instagram post. 
- On August 6, 2019, Kelly Rutherford confirmed via an Instagram Story on that day that she'd be making an appearance in the new season.
- On September 4, 2019, TVLine released a first look at Daniella Alonso as the new Cristal Jennings.
- Josh Reims promises a “seamless transition,” and that she’s being written “a little more real and a little less scary, which is how we were writing Cristal last year.”
- In regards to how Cristal’s new look will be addressed directly, Reims admits “I had to stop myself. I put in at least three jokes that sort of referenced the third time is the charm.”
- On September 4, 2019, TVLine released more information about the upcoming season.
- Josh Reims reveals that Liam survives his brush with death, but that there are “issues he has to deal with once he recovers from his injuries,” leading to “many romantic ups and downs with Fallon.”
- Of Fallon, “we’re going to see her crack” as the mystery surrounding Trixie’s death “drives her a little crazy with guilt.”
- Dominique is confirmed to be replacing Alexis (who has not yet been recast) as the show's primary troublemaker, playing both sides in the Colby and Carringtons’ war. Reims assures her secret family “will show up at some point.”
- Ashanti will appear in Episode 5 as the guest of honor at the grand opening of Sam and Anders’ hotel.
- On October 7, 2019, a promotional image of Rafael as Sam was revealed.
- On October 10, 2019, director Jeff Byrd revealed that Episode 9 would be a "very Dominique Devereaux heavy episode", noting that fans will pick up on an iconic line or two of the character from the original series.
- On October 10, 2019, a promotional image of Grant was also revealed
- On October 11, 2019, a few hours ahead of the premiere TVLine announced that Adam Huber has been promoted to series regular.
- On October 15, 2019, it was reported by the cast thanks to some international fans of the series that unlike Seasons 1-2, the release for Season 3 will not be weekly on Netflix, but rather all at once on May 23, 2020.
- On October 15, 2019, Adam did an interview in which he reveals some information about his storyline for the third season.
- Ashley's return stirs things up for the first five or six episodes before someone else comes into Fallon's life, creating a little love triangle for her.
- Liam gets into a physical altercation during the season.
- The show introduces one of Liam's friends this season.
- On October 23, 2019, Rafael confirmed that Kelly Rutherford would be returning as Melissa for the third episode.  
- On October 25, 2019, Adam Huber did an interview in which he revealed that Liam will begin to remember what Adam (Sam Underwood) did to him at the end of the second season.
- On October 28, 2019, Elaine Hendrix was announced to be replacing Nicollette Sheridan in the role of Alexis Carrington.
- According to The CW, "Alexis is back in Atlanta, with a new look, a new man, and plenty of scores to settle."
- On December 4, 2019, the first look of Elaine Hendrix as the new Alexis Carrington was unveiled. 
- On December 6th, 2019 Adam Huber shared on his Instagram account some behind the scene pictures of him and Sam Underwood for midseason finale. 
- On the same day, an interview he gave to Newsweek was published, where he said that:
- Blake's trial will span 2-3 episodes. 
- Elaine is bringing new energy to the Alexis character; not basing it on what Sheridan and Liz did or even how Joan Collins portrayed her in the original.
- He hasn't had any scenes with Elaine yet but is having one in the back half of the season.
- Rather than backsliding back into his amnesia, Liam will move more in the direction of starting to remember everything.
- Regarding what big twists are ahead with Liam, Adam Huber said that in episode 8 or 9 Liam will start to realize what happened between him and Adam Carrington.
- According to Adam, episode 13 is a big episode for Liam. Massive even! Something's gonna come up where everything starts going great and everything looks like he and Fallon and going to take their relationship to the next level, something happens at the very end that will make you go, 'boy, what's gonna happen now?!'
- As of this date, the last episode they just shot was episode 12.
- Sharon Lawrence will be back as Liam's mom in the back half of Season 3.
- Initially production for Season 3 was to end in April 2020 
- Season 3 will be available on Netflix May 30, 2020, in the US and internationally. 
- On February 28, 2020, one of the dynasty crew was interviewed by TVLine and revealed that Cristal will have a new love interest, Father Caleb Collins who will be portrayed by Wil Traval.
- Father Caleb is described as "a young, charming and irreverent priest with a soft spot for the disabled vets who rehab in the hospital’s clinic, but when his duties as the hospital chaplain put him on a collision course with the clinic’s new director, Cristal Carrington, not even the Lord above can stop the chemistry between this very married woman and very attractive man of the cloth."
- On her live chat on Instagram, Michael Michele revealed that 3x21 and 3x22 were left to be shot but due to the production being shut down they couldn't film it, thus hinting at 3x20 being the final episode of this season.
- On March 29, 2020, Rafael posted several pictures of some of the wardrobe fittings he has had across all three seasons while being quarantined due to the COVID-19 Pandemic.
- On March 30, 2020, The CW also revealed an updated spring schedule, which confirms that Dynasty will continue to air new episodes.
- On April 23, 2020, Elizabeth Gillies did an at-home interview where she discussed how COVID-19 affected Dynasty. The order to halt production came in the middle of their last day of episode 20, "My Hangover's Arrived". Liz also said, that, "there is no finale at this juncture, and there is no episode before the finale. It ends in a very weird place. I don’t know what that means for Netflix or for anything, but I know we’re not the only show experiencing this.”
- On April 24, 2020, Netflix announced that Season 3 of Dynasty, would be available to stream on May 23, 2020, two-weeks after the season finale.
Season three debuted at No. 1 on Netflix's list of most watched series for the week of May 18 through May 24, 2020. Its ranking received social media recognition from members of cast and crew.
The review aggregator website Rotten Tomatoes reported a 50% approval rating with an average rating of 6.8/10 based on 2 reviews, and an audience score of 69%. Justin Carreiro of The Young Folks gave the season a negative review, writing that "the main family [on Dynasty] thrived with their duplicitous plots while the side-characters stumbled to share the screen," while Lizzy Buczak of TV Fanatic gave the season a positive review, writing, "It's been a long and uneventful few months without the Carringtons antics, but despite the break, the series wasted no time addressing all the shocking cliffhangers."