|Season 01, Episode 09|
|Air date||December 13, 2017|
|Written by||Paul Sabbaga|
|Directed by||Brad Silberling|
|Viewers||0.69 million (690,000)|
The Best Things In Life
A Well-Dressed Tarantula
|“||You just think that you can control everything, don't you? Especially now that you're just part of this family and you have all this money, you just think you can push me out and take my son.||”|
|— Iris talking to Cristal about Sam|
GONNA FIND OUT WHO’S NAUGHTY OR NICE — The Carringtons’ plan for a peaceful holiday are spoiled by two new arrivals and the scandals they bring with them, including Cristal's sister, Iris Machado. Blake faces a power struggle with his own father (guest stat Bill Smitrovich); Meanwhile Fallon attempts to reunite the Colbys.
Blake brings Iris to Atlanta for the holidays, and is surprised when his domineering father Thomas arrives as well. Steven, fresh from a drug-fueled bender in New York with Ted, clashes with Blake, whose management of his company and family is already being criticized by Thomas. Cristal and Anders discover that Iris was behind the extortion plot, and a confrontation with her sister causes Cristal to admit to Sam that she killed his father to defend Iris. Fallon and Monica have a falling out. Jeff visits his father Cesil in jail, where they discuss their vendetta against Blake, who Cesil believes slept with his wife and framed him on drug charges. Blake meets a new business partner, unaware that he is Sam's father Alejandro using an assumed name.
- The title of the episode and its synopsis were announced by a press release on Wednesday November 22nd, 2017.
- On December 13, 2017 it was confirmed that Michael Patrick Lane would return in this episode.
- Joseph mentioned Mrs. Gunnerson several times in this episode as the cook of the family. This character was also in the background throughout the original series and did the same job. She will appear later in the season.
- First time Yoruba, one of Nigeria main language is spoken in the series; second time being Nothing But Trouble.
- First episode where Fallon and Steven sing, and it's the Christmas Carol "Good King Wenceslas".
- Blake threaten Ted Dinard with a golf club, that might be a reference to Blake killing Ted in the original show.
- The title of the episode comes from a line said in the original Dynasty 1981 series, first said by Blake Carrington to Krystle Carrington, in the Season 1, Episode 08: The Bordello.
- The exact same lines of the original scene are used during the scene between Fallon and Thomas Carrington.
- The line said by Joseph Anders to Cristal about the party being to honor the family, not embarrass them, is a reference to a line said by Alexis Carrington to Sammy Jo in the Season 2, Episode 15 : The Party.