|Private as a Circus|
|Season 01, Episode 04|
|Air date||November 1, 2017|
|Written by||Jenna Richman|
|Directed by||Kevin Sullivan|
|Viewers||0.74 million (740,000)|
Guilt is for Insecure People
|“||That's why you bailed on our plan? To give interviews about your stepmother's sex tape? You took your eye off the prize to take a swipe at Cristal. You really can't help yourself, can you?||”|
|— Jeff to Fallon about her attention-seeking personality|
WE DON’T NEED ANYBODY BUT US — The Carringtons’ efforts to protect their secrets – from the world and from each other – lead them outside the protective cocoon of the Manor: Cristal and Blake to their belated honeymoon, Steven to Sammy Jo's rescue, and Fallon to confront old demons. They all face the same difficult choice: serve yourself, or save the family.
While Cristal takes Blake on an impromptu honeymoon, Sam goes to Steven for help retrieving Matthew's phone. They get it back, but Fallon leaks the sex video of Matthew and Cristal that it contains. After her overconfidence costs her a lucrative contract, Fallon realizes she has to accept Jeff's input as well as his money. Steven is cleared of Matthew's death, but is furious when Sam admits his complicity in the robbery.
- This episode features a 15-second opening credits sequence, which was used in the previous episode too.
- Fallon burns postcards received from her mother in the last ten years. One of them is from Denver, Colorado, the primary location of the Original Series.
- The yellow font also look like the font used in the opening credit of the Original Series.
- In one of Fallon's letter to Alexis, the movie The Parent Trap is mentioned. The character of Alexis is played by Elaine Hendrix as of Season 3, who was made famous by this movie.
- The title of the episode comes from a line said in the original 1981 Dynasty series, first said by Blake Carrington to Alexis Carrington in the Season 9, Episode 16: Grimes and Punishment.
- Only the end of the original line was used in the episode when Fallon talks to a journalist.
Fallon: Ugh, how do people live like this - waiting in line?
Culhane: Uh, your Carrington's showing.
Sam: You pick and choose your lies like you do your men.
Fallon: Hey, the best thing mom ever taught us is what we learned when she left: you can only rely on yourself. And me.
<gallery>Dynasty 1x04 "Private As A Circus" (EXTENDED Promo)
<gallery>Dynasty Inside Private As A Circus The CW
<gallery>Private as a circus.jpg
Template:Episode List S1