|New Lady in Town|
|Season 02, Episode 20|
|Air date||May 10, 2019|
|Written by||David M. Israel|
|Directed by||Elodie Keene|
|Viewers||0.42 million (420,000)|
This Illness of Mine
Thicker Than Money
|“||I was embarrassed. Embarrassed that I left. Embarrassed that you were better off without me. I was struggling to afford a crappy apartment in an even crappier part of the South Bronx. I didn't make it, not even close.||”|
|— Dominique Deveraux to her children|
MAMA’S HOME – Fallon and Liam team up to exact revenge against Adam, who’s been sabotaging Fallon’s business and personal endeavors. Jeff’s recovery from a mysterious illness is complicated by the arrival of a potent figure from his past -- his mother, Dominique. 
Jeff and Monica's mother, Dominique, reappears as Jeff recovers at home. She and Monica clash over Dominique's abandonment, and though Dominique is apologetic, she asserts that Jeff and Monica were better off being raised by their grandmother. Dominique confesses that she has been lying about having a successful career, and Jeff writes his mother a check for $1 million as a trap to see if she only came back for money. Jeff and Monica catch Dominique trying to leave, but she has thrown the check in the trash. Fallon and Liam plot to expose Adam's true colors to Blake, but Adam outmaneuvers them each time. Fallon finally goads Adam into assaulting her, and though Blake fires him publicly, he fully intends for Adam to keep working for him. Dominique takes a secret phone call, revealing that she has been manipulating Jeff and Monica, and that she has other children in New York. Michael's evidence is not enough for the FBI to arrest Blake, so Michael alerts Cristal that the FBI is on to Blake's scheme. Blake incriminates himself in a private conversation with Senator Joanne Braden, unaware that thanks to Michael she is wearing a wire. The FBI arrest Blake.
Special Guest Star
- Dominique Deveraux is the titular character of this episode.
- The title of this episode is a reference to the episode of the same name of the Original Series in which Dominique Deveraux was formally introduced.
- This is the second time a reboot episode is titled after an original one for the arrival of a character : The last time was to introduce Alexis in Enter Alexis, just as she was in the Original Series.
- The episode aired on May 10 in the U.S., which is when Mother's Day is celebrated in many countries worldwide. It's before Mother's Day in the USA or one day if you're an international viewer watching the episode on Saturdays through Netflix.
- This is the first episode since Poor Little Rich Girl not to feature Alexis in any capacity, although Fallon does impersonate her in this episode.
- When Dominique is talking to her (ex) husband, she mentions children. However it is revealed in Season 3 that she only has one stepdaughter, Vanessa.
Dominique: Mommy's home.
Fallon: Oh, Anders. Are you free?
Anders: Of course. How may I assist?
Fallon: Okay, something is going on with you two, and I am dying to know what it is. No, I'm kidding. I don't care. But I do need you. It's a very important, very sensitive and highly private matter.
Blake: Trust me, sports betting in Georgia is gonna be more popular than peaches.
Dominique: Jeff told me you owned this place. It's magnificent, sweetheart.
Monica: Thanks, Dom. You are still going by that tacky stage name, Dominique Devereax?
Monica to Dominique: I'm writing you a check for a million dollars. Life didn't serve us right, but that doesn't mean we can't turn it around. Plus, it's what you're owed, Dominique Carrington.
Fallon to Blake: Adam is acting really weird, and I think he might be on drugs, which is terrible at any time, but at work? Daddy, it's unforgivable.
Liam: If it was my company, Blake, I'd drug test him on the spot.
Fallon: [GASPS] Great idea, Liam!
Anders: It's a little more floral than I'm used to, but, um, it's soft against the skin.
Sam: Wait until the ladies get a load of Vacation Anders.
Anders: And now you've ruined it. I'll change.
Monica: So your sick son welcomes you home with open arms and you go right for his open wallet. You may be Blake's sister, but you remind me a lot more of Alexis.
Dominique: Check the trash, Monica.
Monica: What kind of insult is that?
Dominique: No, check the actual trash.
Dominique: Your grandmother told me. I reached out to her. I always have. To ask about you.
Monica: Really? Did you pack your "Mother of the Year" trophies? I'll shine them with my ass.