|“||Don't tell me to calm down, lady. I thought you were a friend, but it turns out you're as awful as he is. You two deserve each other. What you don't deserve is that hair.||”|
|Deception, Jealousy and Lies|
|Season 02, Episode 22|
|Air date||May 24, 2019|
|Written by||Christopher Fife & Paula Sabbaga|
|Directed by||Michael Allowitz|
|Viewers||0.53 million (530,000)|
Thicker Than Money
Guilt Trip to Alaska
As various members of the Carrington family decide between preserving their legacies or protecting their personal interests, allegiances are tested -- while dark secrets from the past resurface.  Meanwhile, Michael finds himself in hot water with the feds, Kirby and Anders consider their loyalties, and Jeff is betrayed by someone close to him.
Special Guest Star
- On May 24, 2019, Paula Sabbage, one of the head writers for the show, revealed that the Dynasty writers are saving Steven’s political career for a potential fourth season arc. This likely means that the events which took place in Paris will be revisited by that point.
- James Mackay is given a guest star credit for this episode, for Steven’s brief appearance in a flashback.
- This is the final episode to have Ana Brenda Contreras portray Cristal Jennings, as she is replaced by Daniella Alonso as of the third season onwards.
- The title "Deception, Jealousy, and Lies" is a reference to a line Sammy Jo Reece said to Jeff Colby in the episode Body Trouble of the original Dynasty series.
- Corpses being discovered in the lake of the Carrington's property is a reference to a plot in the ninth season of the original series.
- This was the first episode where Blake mentions Celia Machado, since the second season premiere.
- Fallon says that “Blake time is over” upon learning of his collusion with Cristal to frame Michael. This is a reference to Blake’s infamous line said in the second season premiere.
Fallon: You know, I was actually really looking forward to having you as a step-mom. And if the next one is also named Cristal, then I might have to throw myself down a flight of stairs.
Fallon: And God help me, but has he ever touched you in a not-so-friendly, Big Little Lies sort of way?
Fallon: You make me look like a liar, and worse, an abuser sympathizer. And my company, my entire brand, is specifically about giving a woman a voice after they've been silenced. And here I am, the daughter of a man who's trying to silence them.
Fallon: Liam. Marry me again, for real this time.
Liam: Is that a question?
Fallon: Is that a yes?
Liam: No. It's a hell yes.