|“||Believe it or not, I'm not the perfect mother. The only thing I can change is what happens next. We've all been hurt, we just don't wanna pass on that hurt.||”|
|— Alexis Carrington[src]|
The mother to Fallon, Steven and Adam, Alexis was the first wife to Blake Carrington before their marital disputes took a toll on their marriage and led to a divorce. Alexis tried to obtain custody of her children, but Blake paid off a judge to make sure the vote would be swayed in his favor and paid Alexis to stay away. Before marrying Blake, Alexis was engaged to another guy but her mother forced her to marry Blake for the money, his father offered. After the couple wed, Thomas gifted the Manor to Alexis and Blake. He, moreover, bought the surrounding land which belonged to The Morell family.
Fallon and Steven were told by Blake that Alexis had left on her terms, and they remained estranged with her until their adulthood, when Steven reached out to make amends and slowly bring Alexis back home. However, these plans were put on a "fast-forward" when Tom Carrington met his unfortunate demise and the will-reading brought Alexis back home, where she and her family learned that Tom had left the entire Carrington Manor in her name.
This put a strain on her return as she attempted to sway her children into giving her another chance, which Fallon took a very long time to accept, inducing catfights and dramatics between the two in the meantime. However, her children grew to accept her as a part of the family, and have grown to understand that she loves them in her strange way, and will do anything to protect them.
Alexis has done many questionable things during her time staying with the Carringtons, including hiring a con artist to pretend to be her long-lost son with Blake. She has often shown that she still holds a torch for Blake and hopes that things will work out, even going as far as reaching out to a psychic for guidance, and will often use any opportunity she can to drive a wedge between Blake and his wives. She is also indirectly and accidentally responsible for the murder of Blake's second wife, Celia Machado by Hank Sullivan and Claudia Blaisdel. She is also responsible of the loss of the pregnancy for Blake's third wife, Cristal Jennings.
Alexis's antics with the con artist came back to bite her sometime later, when her actual long-lost son with Blake, Adam Carrington, returned home and stirred up some old memories. She later discovered that Adam was quite a psychopath, responsible for killing his adoptive mother and driving Steven to insanity, which caused Adam to shove her face into a fireplace in an attempt to kill her. However, she managed to survive, and the hospital put into motion a restoration of her face. Although Adam seemed to be apologetic and Alexis began to forgive him for her disfigurement, she then discovered that Adam sabotaged her face reconstruction by giving them a photo of Fallon, which led to her new face looking almost exactly like her daughter's. This drove a wedge between her and her daughter, and she quickly fled to Europe to get a new face reconstructed away from Adam with one final warning for her daughter regarding Adam's intentions.
After fixing the plastic surgery fiasco orchestrated by her diabolical son, Alexis is back in Atlanta, with a new look, a new man, and plenty of scores to settle.
Return to Carrington Manor
Master Plan Comes Together
Struggle to Regain Former Status
Loss of the Family's Affection
A New Side to Alexis
New Face, New Man, New Plan
Aunt Alexis and Blake's Downfall
Matriarch of the Manor
Back to Square One
Arrival of Amanda, Revenge Against Dominique
Incarceration and Release
Newfound Business and Pleasure
Alexis is scheming, conniving, narcissistic, and ruthless when it comes to getting what she wants. She always has a plan or tricks up her sleeve. She was absent from her children's lives for years and was considered non-maternal for not reaching out to her children for over a decade. Unlike Blake, Alexis has acknowledged her mistakes as a parent and even tried to make up for them. Despite her many questionable traits and constant meddling with her children, she will occasionally demonstrate twisted acts of love for her children. Fallon and Steven have come to realize these acts are Alexis's version of motherly love - even though they included harming others.
According to many, Fallon and Alexis have a very similar personality ... both are brave, intelligent, determined, tough, narcissistic and often ruthless, according to Blake.
When it comes to her relationships, Alexis pined over Blake for years, partly because of his wealth and status but as time passed she learned to love him for how he was. When she returned years later, she didn't let the fact he had remarried stop her from pining over him again. She attempted to ruin his relationship with Celia by using petty antics, lies, and deceit to sway him back to herself. She even went as far as hiring a con artist to pretend to be their then-kidnapped son in an attempt to gain power and Blake's affections. She was later callous toward her real son out of fear that her secrets would resurface.
After all of her lies and treacherous behavior was revealed, Alexis was driven to suicide as she no longer had Blake's heart, money, or her children's affection. When she saw Mark Jennings and Blake's pregnant wife, Cristal horseback riding, she redirected her anger. She attempted to murder Cristal but accidentally shot and killed Mark instead. The accident caused Cristal to miscarry, an act that Alexis showed no remorse for upon confronted. Alexis even admitted to doing it again if she had the chance.
When she returned to Atlanta, Alexis had another con running with her former almost son-in-law-turned-husband, Jeff Colby. While she wants a relationship with her now-estranged children, she is truly motivated by one singular emotion - revenge and is willing to do whatever it takes to achieve it.
Alexis and Blake were married at a young age, Alexis out of societal need as her mother pressured Alexis to marry Blake. The money Blake's father offered was significant. Alexis obeyed and they were in a passionate relationship. She is Blake's first wife and the mother of his two children, Adam and Fallon. Shortly after Adam was born, he was kidnapped from the Manor. The loss took a great toll on both Alexis and Blake, and it affected their marriage. Alexis had an affair with the Carrington butler that lead her to conceive another son. She lied and told Blake the child was his. This indiscretion stayed a secret for over twenty years. Now parents to Steven and Fallon, they were happy before their marital disputes took a toll on their marriage and led to a divorce. Alexis tried to obtain custody of her children, but Blake paid off a judge to make sure the vote would be swayed in his favor and paid Alexis to stay away. Over the years, their hatred for one another has only grown. When Alexis did return, she initially showed that she still holds a torch for Blake and hopes that things will work out. She uses any opportunity she can to drive a wedge between Blake and his wives. She is also partially responsible for the death of Blake's second wife, Celia Machado, and the loss of a pregnancy for Blake's third wife, Cristal Carrington. Whatever love they had for one another has since been crushed through their mutual schemes and betrayals. Alexis testified against Blake during his trial and married his arch-nemesis while Blake has made a point of making things hard for Alexis at every turn. Despite their complex history, Blake still holds Alexis to a higher standard than his other enemies as she is the mother of his children.
Alexis and Jeff have a complicated history. When Jeff was a teenager, he had a crush on Alexis' daughter, Fallon. He wanted to take her to a school dance which Alexis thought was sweet. However, Blake refused to allow their relationship to blossom and blackmailed Jeff into standing Fallon up. When Jeff tried to go through with his plan, Alexis intercepted Jeff and lied about Fallon leaving with someone else. She always tried to protect the boy. Years later, Alexis returned to Atlanta now married to Jeff. While to the public eye they are an unexpected yet in-love couple, their entire marriage is merely a business deal. They are helping each other get revenge on Blake. Despite this, Alexis cares for Jeff and has eluded to wanting more out of their marriage. Alexis' new developed feelings are not well received by a now fully cured Jeff, who begins dating Mia and eventually asks for a divorce. Alexis then admits her feelings to him, finally being honest about what she thinks. They consummated their marriage, with Jeff deciding not to file for divorce.
|Dynasty: Season 1 (8/22)|
|"I Hardly Recognized You":||"Spit It Out":||"Guilt is for Insecure People":||"Private as a Circus":||"Company Slut":||"I Exist Only For Me":||"A Taste of Your Own Medicine":||"The Best Things In Life":||"Rotten Things":||"A Well-Dressed Tarantula":||"I Answer to No Man":|
|"Promises You Can't Keep":||"Nothing But Trouble":||"The Gospel According to Blake Carrington":||"Our Turn Now":||"Poor Little Rich Girl":||"Enter Alexis":||"Don't Con a Con Artist":||"Use or Be Used":||"A Line From the Past":||"Trashy Little Tramp":||"Dead Scratch":|
|Dynasty: Season 2 (19/22)|
|"Twenty-Three Skidoo":||"Ship of Vipers":||"The Butler Did It":||"Snowflakes in Hell":||"Queen of Cups":||"That Witch":||"A Temporary Infestation":||"A Real Instinct for the Jugular":||"Crazy Lady":||"A Champagne Mood":||"The Sight of You":|
|"Filthy Games":||"Even Worms Can Procreate":||"Parisian Legend Has It...:||"Motherly Overprotectiveness":||"Miserably Ungrateful Men":||"How Two-Faced Can You Get":||"Life is A Masquerade Party":||"This Illness of Mine":||"New Lady in Town":||"Thicker Than Money":||"Deception, Jealousy, and Lies":|
|Dynasty: Season 3 (12/20)|
|"Guilt Trip to Alaska":||"Caution Never Won A War":||"Wild Ghost Chase":||"Something Desperate":||"Mother? I’m At La Mirage":||"A Used Up Memory":||"Shoot From the Hip":||"The Sensational Blake Carrington Trial":||"The Caviar, I Trust, Is Not Burned":||"What Sorrows Are You Drowning?":|
|"A Wound That May Never Heal":||"Battle Lines":||"You See Most Things in Terms of Black & White":||"That Wicked Stepmother":||"Up A Tree":||"Is The Next Surgery on The House?":||"She Cancelled...":||"You Make Being a Priest Sound Like Something Bad":||"Robin Hood Rescues":||"My Hangover's Arrived":|
|Dynasty: Season 4 (17/22)|
|"That Unfortunate Dinner":||"Vows Are Still Sacred":||"The Aftermath":||"Everybody Loves The Carringtons":||"New Hopes, New Beginnings":||"A Little Father-Daughter Chat":||"The Birthday Party":||"Your Sick and Self-Serving Vendetta":||"Equal Justice for the Rich":||"I Hate to Spoil Your Memories":||"A Public Forum for Her Lies":|
|"Everything But Facing Reality":||"Go Rescue Someone Else":||"But I Don't Need Therapy":||"She Lives in a Showplace Penthouse":||"The British Are Coming":||"Stars Make You Smile":||"A Good Marriage in Every Sense":||"Everything Looks Wonderful, Joseph":||"You Vicious, Miserable Liar":||"Affairs of State and Affairs of the Heart":||"Filled With Manipulations and Deceptions":|
|Appears||Appears||Credit Only||Appears||Appears||Appears||Credit Only||Appears||Credit Only||Appears||Appears|
|Dynasty: Season 5 (11/22)|
|"Let's Start Over Again":||"That Holiday Spirit":||"How Did The Board Meeting Go?":||"Go Catch Your Horse":||"A Little Fun Wouldn't Hurt":||"Devoting All Of Her Energy to Hate":||"A Real Actress Could Do It":||"The Only Thing That Counts Is Winning":||"A Friendly Kiss Between Friends":||"Mind Your Own Business":||"I'll Settle For a Prayer":|
|"There's No Need to Panic":||"Do You Always Talk to Turtles":||"Vicious Vendetta":||"Ben":||"My Family, My Blood":||"There's No One Around to Watch You Drown":||"Episode 5.18":||"But a Drug Scandal?":||"Episode 5.20":||"Episode 5.21":||"Episode 5.22":|
|Appears||Credit Only||Appears||Credit Only||TBA||TBA||TBA||TBA||TBA||TBA||TBA|
Her appearance in "Miserably Ungrateful Men" was an uncredited cameo.
- “There are certainly Easter eggs along the way until her grand entrance,” executive producer Sallie Patrick said in an interview with TVLine. “What we like is that we know when she’s coming. I’m not sure they knew their timing of her [on the original Dynasty], so she was absent from the first year. When she did show up, it was a huge twist and a great surprise. Since we live in a world that already knows about Alexis and knows about Joan Collins, we thought it’d be fun to build up that wonderful, delicious character before her grand entrance. We can only bring her in once, so we’re taking our time to figure it out.”
- About her character, Sheridan thinks Alexis “truly is a loving mother, it's just sometimes she gets a little lost in her quest for power or manipulation.” 
- The CW says of Alexis' return in Season 3, "Alexis is back in Atlanta, with a new look, a new man, and plenty of scores to settle."
- In the original series, Alexis was portrayed by Joan Collins. She was the main character and played a large role in the second season which lasted until the end of the series.
- Joan Collins' entrance occurred in Episode 16 of the original series, just as Nicollette Sheridan in the 2017 series.
- When a young Steven is playing the piano in I Hardly Recognized You, Alexis is the one holding the video camera, though her face isn't seen. 
- On July 25, 2018, it was revealed that all outfits designed for Alexis Carrington would be featured on Mark Zunino's Beverly Hills store window.
- On March 27, 2019, Amy Sutherland confirmed in her official Instagram page that she was stepping into the iconic role of Alexis after Nicollette exited the series. She was dubbed as "Burned Alexis" in "Miserably Ungrateful Men". 
- On April 26, 2019, Sallie Patrick and Elizabeth Gillies gave an interview regarding the recast decision and they revealed various things such as:
- Nicolette's departure was very sudden, but in the spirit of the OG Dynasty, they just went for the biggest twist possible as an homage to the double castings and doppelgängers they had on the original series.
- They didn't want to bring in a new actress just yet, so they wanted to take their time with it.
- To look like Alexis, a lifecast was done for Liz, in which they made a mold of her face. The prosthetics they ended up going with were incredibly thin and very impressive; it was done by Blue Whale Studios, run by Matthew Silva and Jonah Levy. It took five hours to get into them and about 45 minutes to get out.
- Alexis is the only character to be played by four actresses; Nicollette Sheridan, Amy Sutherland, Elizabeth Gillies, and Elaine Hendrix.
- Alexis and Blake conceived Fallon down by the lake after a strip croquet game. This is a reference to Nicollette Sheridan's role in Knots Landing in which her character Paige would play strip croquet with her love interest, Greg Sumner. ("Enter Alexis")
- Alexis is one of the four characters who have been recasted.
- Alexis' favorite fruit is passion fruit. ("Up A Tree")
- Alexis and Blake's divorce was finalized on July 24, 2008. ("There's No Need to Panic")
- Alexis registered at Aston Martin when she married Jeff. ("The Caviar, I Trust, Is Not Burned", "Vicious Vendetta")
- During Alexis and Blake's divorce, Alexis: ("Vicious Vendetta")
- Set fire to Blake's Monet painting.
- Threw his exotic fish collection into the pool.
- Untethered his yacht, the Carrington Cruiser, and let it drift off to sea.
- As mentioned in "A Wound That May Never Heal"
- Fallon attempts to get into Alexis' safe via her birthday in "The Caviar, I Trust, Is Not Burned"
- The Carrington Manor was built in the childhood home of Alexis
- Dynasty's Elizabeth Gillies on Her 'Wild' Transformation From Fallon to Alexis: 'It Was Crazy, But I Love a Challenge'
- Dynasty Season 3 Episode 8: "The Sensational Blake Carrington Trial"
- Dynasty: Promises You Can't Keep
- Dynasty: Enter Alexis
- Dynasty: Our Turn Now
- Alexis locked Cristal in the loft after a fight, and Hank Sullivan, the con-artist she hired set the loft on fire without her knowledge. ("Dead Scratch")
- Alexis shot Cristal's ex-husband while he was horse-riding with her, which spooked the horse and caused it to throw Cristal off, leading to the loss of her pregnancy. ("Even Worms Can Procreate")
- Dynasty: "Motherly Overprotectiveness"
- Dynasty: "Parisian Legend Has It..."
- Dynasty: "This Illness of Mine"
- Alexis hit a society lady with her car to get a wedding venue for Fallon. While twisted, it was a gesture that Fallon appreciated. ("A Real Instinct for the Jugular")